Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Purple Footprints

When I was young, I used to imagine what it would be like if every footstep I took left a permanent purple footprint. I tried to walk a slightly different path to school everyday so I could leave a bigger mark in the world. I zigged and I zagged. I did circles around trees. And sometimes I even imagined leaving handprints on things as I walked by them... If those prints had really stayed, that town would be painted purple!

I wonder sometimes how my life - the things I have said and done - have impacted others. I wonder if the prints I have left have been pretty purple, angry red, cheery yellow, or gloomy shades of grey. I'm sure I have left behind some of all of those. Everywhere we go, we always leave our presence in our wake.

My Maker has put a permanent imprint on my heart Y (Ephesians 1:13) and I hope and pray that I reflect Him every step of my journey in an increasing measure (and that He will cover those times that I don't).

No comments: