Friday, February 13, 2009

Jiffy Markers

When my eldest son entered kindergarten, I wrote his name on everything with permanent marker. I wrote on his backpack, lunch box, school supplies and yes, even clothing (because you just never know!). His belongings were clearly marked as his so that no disputes could break out if another kid had the same lunchbox.

I had the coolest dream the other night. God came down and wrote His name on the back of my neck. You know... The place that shirt tags usually sit. Then He said, "You're Mine. I wrote it in permanent ink."

Ephesians 1:13 says that "Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of His glory."

I refuse to get into an argument about eternal security. I just know that I'm His, and it's permanent.

2 comments:

Sista Cala said...

What a powerful parallel. Thanks for stopping by Timeless Text Messages. I have added you to my blogroll there.

Stephanie said...

Thanks Sista Cala. Knowing that "I'm His and its permanent" holds me in one piece sometimes! Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. God bless you.