Monday, March 26, 2012

Can these bones live?

I awoke this morning to the mental image of a skeleton, broken in pieces and lying on a dry, dusty, deserted road.  Then a voice asked me (with the deep, authoritative baritone of the man on the Bible tapes I heard as a child), "Tell me, can these bones live?"

Of course I was not about to be outdone by Ezekiel so I hastily replied, albeit with a hint of skepticism, "O Sovereign Lord, You alone know."

I didn't have to prophesy or anything.  God knew my limits and so, without further ado, He caused those bones to rattle and come together, bone to bone.  Tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them.  He breathed His breath into that body and it came to life.

Yep...  It was me.

Today, there is a spark of hope.  "A spark of hope" is not to be minimized... Hope is the essence of life itself.

4 comments:

Gelila said...

And reading this one reminded me of Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this that HE who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of CHRIST JESUS.
Thank you Stephanie!!!!

Stephanie said...

Amen, thanks Gelila!

Shari Manning said...

I cried as I read this... some painful memories came back. Things that God has healed in me, but reminded me of, for you. I relate to what it is to walk around feeling dead inside, and yet still be alive. You are completely right about "a spark of hope is not to be minimized". For someone who has endured, or is enduring, what feels like death on earth in the form of emptiness inside and being void of hope, that spark is literally LIFE SAVING, and soo important!! I'm crying again.. (lol, you know me right..!?! I can't help it..) I am so thankful that you are able to share where you are and the road that you are walking! And even more thankful that the Lord is your stength and is walking you though all of it. Thankful again, for that ever so important spark of hope!! This life and journey that you are sharing, will bring that same spark of hope and life giving spirit to someone else who needs it, of this I am certain. "For the Lord works ALL things, to the good of those who love Him."
Thank you for sharing Stephanie. You bless my life more than you know, and I am still fighting with you, and for you. xo

Stephanie said...

Awww, Shari... Thanks for being so real. You crying made me cry! Thank you for "fighting with me, and for me". Love you!