Thursday, March 12, 2009

Confident Kids!

Well, I am glad I'm raising kids with a good self-esteem and confidence in their abilities...

One of my boys came to me the other day and said, "Wow, Mommy. I can hardly believe my head is this small. How can it fit my huge brain inside of it?"

Yesterday, I heard one of my boys telling the other one, "I always had a goal to be a genius by the age of 7. I'm right on target!"

I thank God that He, indeed, has given me bright boys. It was my dream come true when I went looking for them after I got off the treadmill and discovered that my 7 year old was reading from a science encyclopedia about the geology of Canada to my 6 year old, and they were enthralled with it! I know that being smart doesn't make a person wise, so it is my prayer everyday that as they get 'smarter', they also gain godly wisdom!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet!

Mary said...

Cute! I left a comment on the previous post. Hi from South Dakota. I have 2 boys, too.

gigi said...

Hey, I want their genes!!!!

Stephanie said...

Haa Haa Gelila!! Ok, I guess you would be the expert on this, since you spent a year specializing in genetics... Don't they share some genes with you??? I thought they got some of their brilliance from you!

gigi said...

Heheheheh.... In fact, I calculated how much of our genes we potentially share and it came out to be about 25%....heheheh....that's a lot of genetic sharing there, if you ask me.
But I still want some of their confidence genes. I think the 'confidence genes' are mostly acquired and not inherited. And I need to get them from Silas and Caleb.
Love always,
Auntie Gelila

Stephanie said...

You know, I was thinking about this "confidence gene" the last couple of days. I know they didn't get it from me either, and I'm their Mom! But I thank God for His grace and for His promise that I pray through every day from Isaiah 54:13, "All your sons will be taught by the Lord and great will be your children's peace." I know that I have my own issues, and the best I can do is pray that they will get their "genetics" from God, since He is truly our Heavenly Father!