Monday, May 31, 2010

Restoration

I longed with all my heart to see His face,
To taste of His mercy and experience His grace.
I asked and invited and pleaded the same,
And prayed for His presence to surround me again.

But great waves of doubt flooded into my heart -
It was me!  I'm to blame that we'd grown apart.
I'm not good enough, I'm too full of sin.
Could He possibly want me to come back again?

I began to tremble as I felt Him draw near.
He said, "I love you My child; You've no reason to fear".
"I can't look at You, Lord - what I've done is too bad;
I've hurt You so much and I've made You so sad".

He took a step closer and said, "Look into My eyes.
Don't listen to Satan.  You know he tells lies."
My eyes slowly lifted towards His loving face;
Then I ran to Him, overcome by His forgiveness and grace.

No comments: