Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Uranus Through the Eyes of an 8 Year Old

This was an actual conversation in our van on the way home from Melfort the other day:
(Jimmy is my  husband and Caleb is my 8 year old son.)
Jimmy:  Can you tell me something about the planet Venus? 
Caleb:  I do believe it's related to Uranus. (snorrrt... giggle)
Jimmy:  Ahem, I mean, what is the planet made up of? 
Caleb:  (snorrrrt... hahahah...)  I don't know, but I know that Uranus is surrounded by methane!  (Ahahah!!!) 
Jimmy (stifling a giggle of his own):  Did you know that the planet Venus has a hole with lava flowing out of it? 
Caleb (With as straight a face as possible):  If Uranus had something flowing out of it, it wouldn't be lava... 

OH FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!
I have to admit, I am impressed with my 8 year old's quick thinking skills, but seriously...

2 comments:

gelila said...

Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so so so funny. I was just describe Caleb to my dear friend how funny Caleb is and long behold I read this Uranus experience. He is hilarious. Oh Caleb!!!

Stephanie said...

LOL - Yep, he's quite the character!!!