Monday, October 06, 2008

My Blankie


When the thunder roars
And I'm tucked in bed,
I just grab my blankie
And I cover my head.

When I'm scared of the dark
And I'm all alone,
I just snuggle my blankie
And I let out a moan.

I can't figure out why -
Though my white-knuckled fingers
Are grasping my blankie,
The terror still lingers.

And then I remember
What my Mommie said;
"Just talk to the Lord
When you're scared in your bed."

I lower my blankie
To stick out my eyes,
Saying, "I know You're there, God
And You hear my cries."

I stick out my head...
Now it's down to my neck.
But I hold blankie close
To keep monsters in check.

"Please keep me safe, Lord
Though faith I may lack -
This blankie won't help much
In case of attack."

As morning draws closer
And I'm still alive,
I'm happy to see
One more night I've survived.

No thanks to my blankie
Though it kept me warm.
It was the covering of God
That kept me from harm.

No comments: